Hair Removal is one of the most tedious activity for Every Girl on this planet. From the endless waxing sessions, to those bumps after using razor, to the dark patches which arises after using Hair Removal Creams to the Painful Epilating experiences by using a Hair Epilator and those irritating In-Grown Hair. I am sure you might have experienced atleast one of these things isnt it?
For me personally, i had started waxing my legs and arms from 14 years of age and had tried everything under the sun, from Epilators, Hair Removal Creams, Waxing, and Shaving. The result of which was horrible in-grown hairs. I had so many ingrown hairs that i had even developed folliculitis. Folliculitis is a common skin condition in which hair follicles become inflamed meaning due to the in growth hair, the follicles appear as tiny red bumps and inside it the hair is trapped. And if you break the bump it then it leads to dark spots. Most of the women have it on their arms. And if not treated can leave permanent marks. And due to this i had tiny dark spots all over my legs and arms so much that i couldn’t shave, and i couldn’t even wax!
Tired of this i had gone to Kaya to inquire about the Laser Hair Removal packages and only when all my questions were answered by Doctor and i was satisfied, i did opt for the service. I had visited the Kaya Skin Clinic in Kandivli East, Thakur Village Branch 🙂
When you hear laser it definitely does sound scary and most of us have innumerable questions. I have mentioned below the common questions and answers that could arise in your mind:
(1) How does it work?
Kaya uses advance laser technology which is US FDA Approved ND-YAG laser and is absolutely safe for the skin. Using a US FDA approved gentle laser light technology; the service targets the hair follicles to reduce your body hair from the roots. The Laser beam passes harmlessly through the skin and is absorbed by a pigment called melanin found in the hair follicle. The heat from the laser destroys the root of the follicle to a large extent, thus preventing its growth. It isn’t laser hair removal, but actually Laser hair reduction. It can reduce up to around 90% of the hair in the area it is used.
The laser selectively targets the hair follicle only. The surrounding skin or internal body organs aren’t affected in any way. So, the patient doesn’t suffer from any side-effect or damage. Most patients are very comfortable with the treatment. A mild pin prick sensation is normally felt which less than the pain of threading / waxing is. Some doctors also use numbing before the procedure to reduce the discomfort.
(2) Does the Hair go away permanently?
A lot about Laser Hair Reduction depends on different factors like skin type, category of hair growth etc. And since the factors are unique to each individual, the results also vary. For some the hair growth goes away completely within 3 – 4 sittings (like me). Whereas for some it may take upto 6 sessions or more. Laser works best on dark coarse hair and reduces them to the point where most of them are completely removed and few left ones become significantly thinner and invisible.
(3) Is laser safe? Does it have any side effects?
It is 100% safe. There are no side effects. The laser beam goes only till the level of the hair roots, which is very superficial. Without harming the Internal organs.
(4) Can pregnant women get laser done?
It is not recommended for pregnant women to get laser done during their pregnancy and 6 months prior pregnancy during lactation time.
(5) How Painful is Laser ?
Laser actually feels like tiny pricks on few areas. Pain threshold varies from Individual to individual and also the area where laser is done. Like for me I felt the pricks a little more where there was bone underneath, like on my hands – the elbow area, on my legs – the knee area. For the other places and also for my Underarms i didn’t feel any pain or prick at all.
What is the exact proceedure of a Laser Hair Removal Treatment:
- I was first ask to change into a comfortable gown.
- Then the Doctor Checks your Hair growth and suggests to the Laser practitioner the Frequency of laser to be given.
- Then with the help of a white marker, she draws sections on the part of the body where the laser needs to be done. For example (if you have opted for the legs & arms) She will draw sections on it so that it is easier to take one section at a time for the laser and that no part is left undone.
- After which the Laser Expert spreads some liquid and shaves the area using a Fresh Disposable Razor.
- Before the laser Expert starts with the laser you are been given pair of tinted glasses to wear to protect your eyes from the laser. Even the Laser Expert herself wear the same.
- Next she applies a thick layer of Cold Gel on the area marked.
- And after sanitizing the Hand Held Laser Probe she moves it in downward motion slowly.
- When the Laser probe is moved over the skin, You may feel tiny pricks which is your hair roots burning, and occasionally you may even get the smell of the air burning. Which is absolutely normal and common.
- Once the Laser for that part is done, the gel is wiped off with a tissue and like so your entire legs / hands / underarms whichever part you have opted for is completed by the same method. And cleaned with Wet Wipes.
- After which ice is applied to the area to clam and sooth it. You might see some redness in this area , however it settles down within few hours. And if you have extremely sensitive skin then you might have a bit of soreness also which would disappear within a day.
- After rubbing ice the area is then wiped dry and a Post Laser cream is applied.
- You are also given the Post Laser cream to take home, as you would have to apply it for around 4-5 days post your treatment.
- Throughout the proceedure, The Laser Expert kept on asking me about my comfort and if i was uncomfortable to stop her anytime.
Post Laser Treatment Care :
- Use normal tap water on the service area for 12 hours post the session. Warm water or soap can be used after 12 hours
- You need to apply Post Laser cream at least for 4 – 5 days
- Avoid excessive direct sunlight exposure for 2-3 days post the session. Apply sun screen, with SPF 15, at least 20 minutes before you go out in the sun, especially on the serviced area.
- Between the sessions, hair can be removed only by shaving. Do not Wax / Bleach / Thread
- You should not remove the hair atleast before a week of your next appointment
- If you go for swimming then you should wait until 3 days post the proceedure to resume it.
- No facials to be done or, Steroid creams & Acne drugs to be applied for 7 days prior and 7 days post your session
- You might see hair growth after initial sessions. These will fall off eventually. Rest will be targeted in the next sitting
Frequency of Laser Sessions:
After the 1st Session, the doctor usually keeps a month’s gap till the second session. And thereafter it depends on your hair growth. Especially for my Legs the Hair Growth after the fourth session was soo minimal almost invisible just scanty 3 -4 hairs here and there, that the doctor advised me not to take any more sessions and to keep the sessions pending if need be in future. I utilized the remaining 2 sessions in a gap of 9-10 months coz the hair just didn’t regrow during that period enough to take a laser session.
Now comes the MAJOR PART – How Expensive is Laser Treatment? So lets do some calculations :
I am taking average charges for the following : It could be higher in different parlors:
Let’s say most of us girls start hair removal from 16 Years of age (From the time one starts going to college), and continue doing so for the next 20 years say by 36 years of age. Some continue after that as well but i am just taking the minimum age we might want to do it until. On an average we mostly wax at least once a month. So the below costs are calculated for 20 Years (240 months) – Normal Waxing. Chocolate wax is even more expensive.
Waxing Cost (For next 20 Years)
Underarms : Rs. 70-100 on an average (240 months x Rs. 70) – Rs. 16,800/-
Full Legs : Rs. 300-350 on an average (240 months x Rs. 300) – Rs. 72,000/-
Full Hands : Rs. 200-250 on an average (240 months x Rs. 200) – Rs. 48,000/-
Total : Rs. 1,36,800/-
Laser Cost for Lifetime : Now let us compare the cost i paid for my Laser Sessions (For lifetime) These are the latest rates as confirmed with Kaya Skin Clinic:
Underarms : Rs. 7,250/-
Full legs : Rs. 33,000/-
Full Legs : Rs. 37500/-
Total : Rs. 77,750/-
So you see how much can you save ???
Apart from the cost factor, also consider other factors like Pain endured during each waxing session, and also the Time spent for doing so. You might say Shaving is cheaper, but also note shaving results in poky hair (Stubble) and even in growths.
For me I personally feel Opting for Laser Services was the Best decision i took! My Ingrowths Marks have disappeared. I don’t have any ingrowths. Also today i don’t have to bother or think twice before wearing that gorgeous summer dress or worry about my underarms in the sleeveless top. It has been almost 3 Years since i finished my Laser services and never had any side effects.
WHY KAYA SKIN CLINIC?
Kaya Laser Hair Reduction treatments are performed under supervision of expert dermatologists who are qualified MBBS +DVD/MD/DNB in DERMATOLOGY.
There are various other clinics providing laser services of 6 sittings, but when the desired results are not achieved they ask the clients to take further more sittings resulting in additional costs. Which has never been the case with Kaya Skin Clinic. A friend of mine was conned in the similar manner when she had paid for 6 sittings for upper Lip Hair Removal (Rs. 800 per sitting) and later on even after the 6 sessions when the Hair growth was still there the doctor asked her to pay for more sittings.
Also this process requires experienced people; the machine that is used can actually burn your skin if it’s not used properly!
So please beware of those local beauty parlors that offer laser hair removal at heavily discounted rates. Don’t take a risk. And do go to a renowned place ONLY!
Final Thoughts : I will definitely recommend Kaya’s Laser Hair Removal packages to everyone who has been facing issues with Hair Removals 🙂 Or who want a Hair Free skin!
Disclaimer : This post is NOT SPONSORED BY KAYA. These are my honest opinion and recommendation.
Note : The pictures are been taken from various sources on google. And the credit of picture goes to the respective owners.
Until Next Time xoxo,